WOMEN CULTIVATING SUSTAINABLE FOOD SYSTEMS. DAY 2

 Women play a critical role in farming and rural economic development.


Good morning ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the second day of our green program!

Today, we are interviewing a strong woman named Henriqueta, she is a vegetarian, and she has good tips to share with us.


We create a lot of cool and impactful initiatives!




Greetings Dona Henriqueta, introduce us to your stand. What's healthy here?

We have papaya, pineapple, lots of fruits and vegetables here.

This little thing what is it?

This is the mushroom, and this is the ginger.there we also have peanuts, carrots, cabbage,  peanut butter.

Are all of these farm products, eh?

Yes, here we have sweet potato, corn and plantain.

So you really like vegetarian cuisine?

Yes, I really like vegetarian cuisine.

How long have you adopted this lifestyle?

I've been running this business and eating sustainable food for 4 or 5 years.

What have you been eating?

I only eat farm food. I'm a vegetarian, so I decided to open a vegetarian business too.

Is this business sustainable?

Yes, this is very sustainable.

How has your health been since you became a vegetarian?

My health has improved a lot since I started to live a sustainable lifestyle.

Are you the only vegetarian at home or your whole family live this sustainable lifestyle?

All my family is with me, we are all vegetarians.

Wow, what a blessing!

So, would you recommend other women to adopt this lifestyle?

Yes, I recommend.

What message would you leave for other people?

I advise everyone to eat food from the farm, it is very good for our lives. We have many good things on the farm to eat, these products are good for our health.

Is this business profitable?

Yes, the business is very profitable.

So, the earnings that come from this business have helped your family to meet the needs of the house?

Yes, although we are at the beginning of our journey, sometimes we need support as we have had ups and downs too. But the little we've got has helped us for something.

Ok, very well.

Are you roasting sweet potatoes on this grill?

Yes here I have the grilled sweet potato,

Hmm, very yummy!

Yes, customers are already ordering and asking for these sweet potatoes.

Look, there's already a customer on the track.

Hahahaha, hahahah.



Comments